SquareSynth is an app for iPhone and iPad. It revives the classic sound of the NES, while adding modern synth capabilities. Use wave-table patterns to create percussion, leads, arpeggios, and glitchy noise.
Join the micro-revolution.
• Authentic 8-bit Sounds.
• Looping wave recorder.
• Audiobus 2 Input / State Saving.
• Multitimbral — Control multiple 5-voice instruments via MIDI.
• iTunes and Clipboard export.
• Pulse, Triangle, Short Noise, and Long Noise waveform types.
• Glide, Full Pulse width modulation, and Vibrato.
• Control Pitch, Wave-type, and Pulse width, via instrument table.
Check out this review by Doug at thesoundtestroom (the app now has an iPad version):